RedThread's Next-gen Learning Method Report with Dani Johnson
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or RSS
Dani Johnson has spent the majority of her career writing about, conducting research in, and consulting on human capital practices and technology. Dani Johnson joins the Learning While Working podcast to discuss key insights from their Next-gen Learning Method Report, how the RedThread’s Employee Development frameworks help organisations improve their learning cultures, and why L&D roles are becoming more central to organisations.
About Dani Johnson
Dani is the Co-founder and Principal Analyst for RedThread Research. Before starting RedThread, Dani led the Learning and Career research practice at Bersin, Deloitte. Her ideas can be found in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, CLO Magazine, HR Magazine, and Employment Relations. Dani holds a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Brigham Young University.
- RedThread's Next-gen Learning Method Report demonstrates that the ways people work are changing – and that the methods companies use to learn must keep pace with those changes. Their research shows that there are more than 60 methods that enable employee L&D, from the way employees consume information to how they can learn from one another.
- When it comes to analysing data, it’s important to be able to ‘sift through’ and identify actionable information. Dani gives a great example of benchmarking, and that it shouldn’t be a primary influence for an organisation, but a consideration. She also stresses the importance of being tech-agnostic.
- Dani also shares how skills development is important as L&D roles are becoming more central to organisations. The need for durable skills such as critical thinking, communication and leadership will be needed for such roles.
Segmented time stamps:
01:50 Why RedThread produced the next generation learning report
03:20 The RedThread Employee Development framework
04:46 On how they conducted their research and what surprised them most from their findings
07:54 Some key takeaways for L&D professionals
11:56 Why L&D experts are making use of what they already have in organisations
15:25 On the need for skills development
17:10 The need for mindset shifts for L&D professionals
Links from the podcast:
- Connect with Dani on LinkedIn
- Find more about RedThread Research
- Check out RedThread’s Learning Methods Infographic