Using learning campaigns to effectively drive behaviour change with Lynne McNamee
Lynne is a learning experience designer and a L&D professional. She joins the show to discuss the intersection of marketing and learning, and how the principles of marketing can be applied to learning. It is a fascinating topic where we also delve into the role of learning campaigns, ways to personalise learning from personas, and catering for the next generation.
About Lynne McNamee
Lynne McNamee is the president of Lone Armadillo Marketing Agency. She has managed marketing campaigns for companies such as Avis, HP, and Bank of America, and recently was the marketing director for Bluewater, consultants for learning, talent, and human capital management. Lone Armadillo Marketing Agency, which Lynne founded in 2008, specialises in strategy, plans, processes, and tactical execution of multi- and omni-channel marketing programs for B2B entrepreneurial companies. She has been a HubSpot partner since 2011. She was cited by The New York Times for innovations in marketing.
- Marketing plays an important role in learning as it raises awareness, generates interest, and can motivate learners. Ensure you understand the learner's motivation and preferences, so your message resonates with them on an ongoing basis.
- There are three stages of a learning campaign: awareness, consideration, and decision. Connect with your learner and help them understand why the learning matters to them, so tune in to their emotional drivers. Consider tools like email segmentation, landing pages, and integrating learning tools with platforms such as HubSpot.
- Keeping an open mind with the next generation of learners: Lynn describes the next generation in the world of work will be Gen Z – and they are learning informally from TikTok and ChatGPT – so they will have learnt to learn differently than Millennials and Gen X. The best strategy is to be adaptable and experiment with different approaches to see what works best for your learners.
Segmented time stamps:
- 02:31 Some of the key benefits of learning campaigns
- 04:03 Understanding the differences between advertising, marketing, and PR
- 07:56 Using personas to enhance learning campaigns
- 10:25 How to personalise learning experiences for different learner personas
- 19:07 Exploring tools for engaging learning experiences
- 22:19 If Lynne could use a magic wand in L&D, what would she wish for?